By name of the column we understand that this is Planned Cost Remaining on particular line (wbs) item on an Order. To be very specific it is remaining cost on an activity of a network under wbs:
Project > WBS > Network > Activity
- How to Analyze RemOrdPlan Cost details?
- Why it is Plan since I do not have any Plan Cost for Activity or Network?
- How to make Budget Available? OR How to remove RemOrdPlan cost?
1. How to Analyze RemOrdPlan Cost details?
To analyse RemOrdPlan cost you need to go:
- T-Code: CJ31 “Display original Budget”
- Opened required project
- go to Menu “Extra > Availability Control > Analysis “
- Expend tree of WBS having RemOrdPlan cost showing in Budget Reports.
You’ll see red highlighted rows showing Costs, now compare your Actual Cost with Plan Cost. The difference between Plan vs Actual Costs of Materials on Network is RemOrdPlan Value.
2. Why it is Plan since I do not have any Plan Cost for Activity or Network?
Assigned = Actual Costs + Commitments + RemOrdPlan
Available = Plan Cost – Assigned
It calculates as [ RemOrdPlan = Plan Cost – Actual Cost – Commitments ] for the quantities reserved vs Issued (consumed). If there is no quantity issued then it comes under available column.
Plan costs calculated under WBS when you reserve material / elements and commitments comes from PR /PR.
How to make Budget Available? OR How to remove RemOrdPlan cost?
There could be many ways to handle it but very straight forward and technically correct way is to make that activity technically complete (TECO).
- To set TECO status, open project with CN20n,
- Select activity
- got Edit > Status >Technically Complete > Set
- Click and Save project
SAP will start processes to recalculate costs. Now Cost are available to create new Activity under same WBS for other tasks.