Update: This post is no longer applicable as google has introduced local version of YouTubePK
There are many ways to unlock or bypass restrictions imposed by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) but I would guide you to easiest way without installing any third party software or using “especial” configured browser.
- Press windows key + R
- Type ncpa.cpl in Run dialog box and hit enter key or click OK button.
- Right click on your network connection and Click Properties
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Click Properties
- IP and DNS Setting dialog box will open.
- On General Tab, Select “Use following DNS Server Address“
- Preferred DNS server : 8 . 8 . 8 . 8
- Alternative DNS server: 8 . 8 . 4 . 4
- Click Ok and check it works!
Note: It is Google Public DNS Server which is free to use.
The Google Public DNS IP addresses (IPv4) are as follows:
The Google Public DNS IPv6 addresses are as follows:
Well, title of the post is self explanatory so let’s do work!
As we are going to install windows 7 so I am assuming that you have ready boot-able ISO image or dvd of windows 7
Step # 1: Software Requirements
We need only one of the following Software:
Virtualbox is all we need at the moment but you can try other from above.
Step # 2: Installing VirtualBox
- Double click on image (VirtualBox-xxx-OSX.dmg) file
- and follow the instructions. It is very simple
Step # 3: Creating Virtual Machine & Installing Windows 7
I prefer you to follow virtualbox’s original documentation for this step.
Step # 4: Post Windows Installation step : VirtualBox Guest Additions
This step is required to install Device Drivers and system applications for better optimization & performance
- Use shortcut key ” Host + D” and follow wizard instructions or
- Click on ‘Devices’ menu then click on Install Guest Additions and follow wizard instructions
That’s it! restart your virtual machine (windows 7) and enjoy your windows favort applicatons
You can use virtualbox to install any other OS top of your current OS (Ubuntu on Windows etc) by following these steps